Called i45, the Australian version of Hyundai’s Sonata mid-size sedan has received a new engine that becomes the new entry point for the range. The 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine delivers a maximum output of 121kW (162 horsepower) at 6,200 rpm and a peak torque of 198Nm at 4,600 rpm, and is mated to either 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmissions.
Hyundai says the i45 2.0L returns a combined fuel consumption of 7,6 l/100km (equal to 30.9 mpg) when fitted with an automatic transmission. The 2.4-liter engine, which produces 148 kW (198 horsepower) of power and 250 Nm of torque, is rated at 7,9 l/100km (equal to 29.8 mpgwhen combined with the 6 speed automatic. At the same time, the South Korean automaker said deleted 2.4L with six speed manual version.
Manufacture’s Price List:
- i45 Active 2.0 petrol six speed manual: $26,990.
- i45 Active 2.0 petrol six speed automatic: $28,590.
- i45 Active 2.4 petrol six speed automatic: $31,090.
- i45 Elite 2.4 petrol six speed automatic: $34,990.
- i45 Premium 2.4 petrol six speed automatic: $37,490.
- Metallic Paint: $450.