Scooped: 2013 Hyundai i30 3-door

by Apr 28, 2012All News, Hyundai, Spy Shots28 comments

Recently, we had the opportunity to test the second-generation of the Hyundai’s European C-Segment compact, the i30. But so far, Hyundai has only launched the i30 5-door hatchback and i30 wagon, while the sportier 3-door i30 is still being kept under wraps.

Korean Hyundai i30 fan club members have recently caught a prototype of the 3-door i30 during its final pre-production testing session. Looking closely at the spy shots, it appears that Hyundai has given the i30 3-door a distinct identity, which resulted in more aggressive exterior styling.

According to Hyundai Europe boss Allan Rushforth, the Korean automaker will being considering a hot variant, with the 1.6 gasoline direct injection with turbo (T-GDi), used in the Veloster Turbo (that also come to Europe) with around 180-190 hp. But now, I have a question, could it be this i30 hot hatch a rival to the Veloster Turbo?

Source: [i30club]

Written by Jose Antonio López

Passionated about Korean cars from Hyundai, Kia & Genesis. Photographer. I love being in nature, hiking. Tech lover.

28 Comments

1. cGmC11

I think that if this supposed i30 3-door hatch come to the US with a 201hp 1.6L T-GDI…RIP my Veloster Turbo shopping!

2. cGmC11

3. Pfox218

There is one thign i don’t understand – what for is Veloster turbo in Europe? No chance against i30… And why i30 will not be truth hot hatch – with over 8 sec 0-100… max warmed hatch:)

4. Pfox218

5. Jose Antonio Lopez

@Pfox218 This i30 with a 1.6 T-GDi engine maybe could be a rival in his own house for the Veloster Turbo, most likely because the i30 will be more cheap and attractive (for the people do not like the Veloster)

@cGmC11 Probably it is, I do not expect many changes.

Greetings! 😉

6. thekcb

@cGmC11 Probably it is, I do not expect many changes.

Greetings! 😉

7. Pfox2182

i30 3 door will have more sporty front (version with 1,6t – versions with standard engines will have standard front grill with silver chrome).
    This in my opinion will be main difference in design. Also dual cutch will not be offered in 1,6t, only in standard engines.
    Veloster has no chance and in Europe has no future (as well as Elantra and i40). I am suprised that normal Veloster and turbo appeared in Europe.
    Hyundai should focus on ix20 ix35 up-comming ix30 and especially on each of i30 types (hatch, kombi and 3 door) – this in Europe can give them a real success…

8. Pfox2182

9. Pfox2182

Jose Antonio, are You from Spain?

10. Pfox2182

Jose Antonio, are You from Spain?

11. Pfox2182

How did You manage to access newii30.club.net page? It’s in korean!!?:)
    And by the way – Jose Antonio are you from Spain?

12. Pfox2182

How did You manage to access newii30.club.net page? It’s in korean!!?:)
    And by the way – Jose Antonio are you from Spain?

13. Jose Antonio Lopez

I get those pictures in other korean forum. To enter at the i30club, you need to have korean citizenship. Yes, ivm from Spain. Greetings! 😉

14. Jose Antonio Lopez

15. Diego

is not a 3 door i30, just see the frame (2nd door) behind of the pilot door, same size than first door! and see a picture of the 3door Rio that hasn’t 2nd door frame in the rear glass.

16. Diego

17. Pfox2182

DIego what you are suggesting is that is i30 5 door hatchback? Hidden? Why?
    Or this is not Hyundai?

In my opinion this is 3 door hatch i30.

18. Pfox2182

DIego what you are suggesting is that is i30 5 door hatchback? Hidden? Why?
    Or this is not Hyundai?

In my opinion this is 3 door hatch i30.

19. Jose Antonio Lopez

The front door is more longer and look in the form of the cut below

20. thekcb

The front door is more longer and look in the form of the cut below

21. trolley castors

This was a cool car. I am wondering why the back part of the car covered. I want to see the samples.

22. trolley castors