Rockstar Performance Garage (RPG), the off-road specialists, have revealed details on its 2016 Tucson SEMA build. This is the first year that Hyundai has teamed up with the off-road gurus at RPG, injecting off-road lifeblood into Hyundai’s popular CUV. The car will be revealed at Hyundai’s SEMA press conference on November 3 at 11:30 a.m. PT, in Las Vegas.
[ads id=”0″ style=”float:left;padding:5px;”]The bumper-to-bumper overhaul started with the most important piece of any serious off-roader: the suspension.
The 2016 Tucson now sits six inches over stock height, riding on massive, 32-in. MTZ P3 tires from Mickey Thompson, and a fully-custom, adjustable shocks and struts system from King Shocks. The vehicle’s wheel wells were reconstructed to create space for the new setup, now able to fit the massive suspension and tire combination.
Upgraded turbo piping, a high-flow Magnaflow exhaust and a new K&N intake and intercooler from Mishimoto help the engine breathe more freely, providing a performance boost to the Hyundai’s 1.6-liter “Gamma” four-cylinder power plant. Power is delivered to all four wheels through a 7-speed DCT transmission.
“The focus behind this build was to create an off-roader that nobody expected,” said Nic Ashby, owner and general partner, Rockstar Performance Garage. “The 2016 Tucson was a great starting platform with its rigid frame and plenty of room in the engine bay for modifications. With the complete suspension overhaul and blacked-out appearance, this Tucson is guaranteed to be a head turner in line with the Rockstar lifestyle.”
Rounding out the exterior visuals, the RPG Tucson has been finished in a black and yellow livery, smoked rear tail lights, a custom LED light bar setup from Bulldog LED Lighting, and custom off road bumpers to help the vehicle shrug off impacts.
The RPG Tucson also comes equipped with Hyundai’s next-generation Blue Link system. Blue Link’s Destination Search Powered by Google will help the vehicle get to all its events with ease as it tours the country next year, and all the gear inside will be kept safe using remote lock from the Blue Link mobile app for Apple Watch and Android Wear. The RPG team can also rest easy, knowing that if their Tucson is ever stolen, Blue Link can assist authorities to quickly find and immobilize it.
Follow #HyundaiSEMA to keep up to speed on all of this year’s SEMA activity.
- Mishimoto 2.5-in. Stainless Steel Down Pipe and Charge Pipe with Front Mount Intercooler
- Rockstar Energy-Licensed/Mishimoto Billet Oil Catch Can
- Mishimoto 19-Row Oil Cooler
- Turbonetics Godzilla Blow Off Valve
- K&N Filters Custom Air Intake
- Custom Magnaflow Center Exhaust
- Odyssey Dry Cell Battery
- Lucas Oil Fluids
- Heatshield Products Lava Wrap
- King Shocks 2.5-in. Adjustable Strut Coilovers
- King Shocks Rear 2.5-in. Shocks with Remote Reservoirs and Progressive Off-Road Springs
- Black Ops 4×4 Body Clearancing for Larger Tires
- Mickey Thompson 32-in. MTZ P3 Tires
- KMC 17-in. XD Series “Bully” Off-Road Wheels
- RPG and Wicked Image Designs Custom Roof Rack
- RPG and Wicked Image Designs Custom Bumpers
- Bulldog LED Lighting 40-in. LED Light Bars
- Bulldog LED Lighting 2-in. LED Spikes
- sPOD Electronic Control Center for Accessory Options
- Kicker Audio Sound System
- High Output Speakers
- 10-in. Subwoofer
- Scosche Integrated Stereo Install Kits
- Wiring and Accessories
- Tintman Window Tint
Love the wheels and tires , it got the truck look, Nice!