We had exclusive access to pricelist of upcoming fifth generation 2023 Kia Sportage for the North American market and will start from $25,990 (does not include $1,215 destination).
The all-new Sportage’s distinctive appearance embodies Kia’s design philosophy “Opposites United,” with a floating tiger nose grille, distinct boomerang daytime running lights, and angular fenders that lend a sharp and strong presence.
The third generation platform allows significant upgrades in safety and convenience technology, more capability, greater fuel efficiency, and with a longer wheelbase that outgoing model, same happened to Hyundai Tucson and many of its rivals from Toyota, Nissan or Honda.
All-New Sportage signature selling points include:
• A more spacious cabin with best-in-class rear seat legroom.
• 29% more cargo capacity resulting in best-in-class cargo room.
• Immersive connectivity with dual 12.3” panoramic curved screen displays.
Rugged Capability and Design:
• +1.5” more ground clearance (AWD) with available Multi-Terrain Mode AWD system.
• New X-Line trim with a bold and unique front and rear styling, raised roof rack, 19” wheels, plus special, easy-to-maintain SynTex seat trim inside, and exclusive color options on the outside.
• New X-Pro trim – the most capable Kia SUV to date – offers segment-exclusive BFGoodrich all-terrain tires, unique wheels, and more.
The standard engine is based on the All-New 2.5-liter I-4 Smartstream GDi engine with new 8-speed automatic transmission and 187 hp. For those who need more power, should wait for the HEV or PHEV powertrain with 230 and 265 hp, respectively.
Additionally, in line with Kia’s global strategy to expand electrification, the all-new 2023 Sportage will also offer a new turbo hybrid and a turbo plug-in hybrid line-up that delivers high fuel efficiency with an invigorating boost to the driving experience. Details and pricing on these powertrains will be revealed at a later date closer to launch.
When is the launch date?
This is less than the new Mazda CX-50 which starts at$28,028. A fully loaded CX-50 is up to $42,000.
KIA needs to change the price. It’s too low for a compact suv.
SXP should come with standard AWD.