Hyundai Motor, South Korea’s largest automaker, reports its domestic and overseas sales results for March 2016.
- Global sales in March 2016 totals 432,878 units – a decrease of 0.9% YoY.
- IONIQ Hybrid becomes the best-selling hybrid car in Korea this month reaching a total of 1,250 units in domestic sales.
- Genesis and G90 (EQ900 in Korea) showed total sales of 6,859 units in Korea in March.
- Despite sales of Tucson and Sonata continuing at a brisk pace in the U.S. due to appealing design and performance to customers, sales of the All-new Elantra awaits to regain momentum as it has just been released in the U.S. market.
- Czech Plant posts positive shipment figures as crossover model Tucson gain popularity in the European market.
- Sales figure reveals a solid performance in India as Grand i10 sales shows strong growth.
- China Plant monthly sales figure recovers due to strengthened sales promotions nationwide.