(November 8 ) Updated with first official images.
(November 7) Updated again with new exterior images and information.
Thanks to our friend Pure Adrenalin (gencoupe), we have some new information about the new specs and features (this not a confirmed information, but comes from a very reliable source).
1. Catalunya Copper (think Coupe prototype) exterior paint; others see name and/or slight color changes, as well.
2. Tilt & Telescopic (finally!) steering wheel.
3. Interior color changes (Brown -> Tan; think more red than before; and new grey inserts).
4. All AT versions going to the 8-speed automatic unit.
5. 2.0T will see 260 hp (regular) and 275 hp (premium), preliminary figures. 3.8 V6 will see 340 hp (regular) and 348 hp (premium), again preliminary figures. With a slight MPG bump of +1.
6. Two-stage ESC.
(November 6) Update with new exterior images.
(November 4) Update with new interior and exterior images.
Finally the new 2012 Genesis Coupe has been caught w/o any camouflage and we have it here for your delight, enjoy some of this cellphone pictures. How do you find the new facelift Genny, do you like it or not? let us know on the comments below.
Caught undergoing testing in the United States, the 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe includes new features, modified bumpers, restyled lighting units and a larger grille. Inside, the cabin receives an updated infotainment system and a revised center stack with new instrumentation.
Under the hood, the turbocharged 2.0-liter TCi engine – with 210 hp (157 kW / 213 PS) and 223 lb-ft (302 Nm) of torque – will likely replaced by the new turbocharged gasoline direct injection (GDi) 2.0-liter. This means we can expect an output of 274 hp (204 kW / 278 PS) and 269 lb-ft (364 Nm) of torque. Additionally, the 3.8-liter V6 is expected to be upgraded to produce 333 hp (248 kW / 338 PS) and 291 lb-ft (394 Nm) of torque.
The 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe will likely be unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in January.
I wish they’d straighten up that rear side window.
Hell noo, that front.. Is awkward
From now, we will call Geneloster hahaha.
PD: why Hyundai, why? 🙁
I find it a little bit strange, I think the current one is better!
It looks like the elantra 😛 since it was the first Hyundai who came out with the catfish face 😛