Hyundai Motor America has announced pricing for the completely redesigned 2012 Azera, starting at $32,000 for the extraordinarily well-equipped Azera and $36,000 for the range-topping Azera with Technology Package. In fact, the all-new 2012 Azera has so many new standard features – that it is better equipped than the outgoing, fully-loaded, previous generation 2011 Azera Limited.
These new 2012 standard features include:
- Gasoline Direct Injection (GDi) engine technology.
- Best-in-class combined fuel economy of 23 miles per gallon.
- 293 horsepower.
- Blue Link telematics system.
- Proximity key with push-button start.
- Heated rear seats.
- 18-inch alloy wheels.
- SACHS Amplitude Selective Dampers (ASD) for improved ride comfort without compromising handling.
The second-generation Azera, debut at the 2011 LA Auto Show, is a bold interpretation of Hyundai’s Fluidic Sculpture design language – sleek, sophisticated style that creates the illusion of constant motion. Azera represents a modern approach to the traditional, large sedan segment by offering an advanced powertrain, bold design, premium features and class-leading safety features. In keeping with Hyundai’s strategy of delighting its customer the 2012 Azera will be offered in just two simple equipment levels. The 2012 Azera goes on sale in April.
|Azera||3.3-liter GDI V6||Six-speed automatic with SHIFTRONIC||$32,000|
*Does not include $875 freight charge
More modern and youthful looking than its predecessor, the 2012 Azera is ready to defy traditional large sedan sales leaders such as Maxima, LaCrosse, Avalon and Taurus. Azera’s standard premium features raise the bar for the large sedan segment – navigation with rearview backup camera, heated front and rear seats and LED headlight accents. The 2012 Azera offers first-class seating and comfort for all passengers with standard leather interior, power front passenger seats, optional rear side window, rear sunshade and ventilated front seats. Just like its smaller sibling – Sonata – Azera offers best-in-class total interior volume and leads the segment in front head room and front leg room.
The 2012 Azera is powered by the new, more efficient Lambda II 3.3L Gasoline Direct Injection (GDi) engine, mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC. The powertrain is rated at 293 horsepower, while delivering best-in-class fuel economy of 20 mpg city, 29 mpg highway and 23 mpg combined. Azera’s powertrain also has an Active Eco system, which modifies engine and transmission control for improved fuel economy that translates into more than five percent improvement in real-world fuel economy.
Technology isn’t forgotten in addition to the array of interior premium features. Premium sedan consumers can stay connected with the standard Bluetooth hands-free phone system and Hyundai’s Blue Link telematics system, which combines safety, service and infotainment.
Hyundai’s commitment to safety continues with the new Azera, offering best-in-class standard safety features, including nine airbags and impact-absorbing front seats. The Vehicle Stability Management system links safety features such as ESC, TCS, EBD, and Brake Assist to maximize their effectiveness in potential collision situations.
The all-new 2012 Azera is a premium large sedan positioned between the midsize Sonata and the mid-luxury Genesis, in regards to vehicle dimensions, powertrain and features content. Azera comprehensively delivers on customers’ stylistic and functional needs and will serve as an aspirational product for move-up sedan buyers within Hyundai’s model lineup.
Standard and Optional Features
The Azera MSRP is $32,000, excluding $875 freight, and includes the following standard equipment:
- 3.3L GDI DOHC V6 with 293 horsepower.
- 6-speed automatic with SHIFTRONIC.
- Active ECO system.
- 18-inch alloy wheels and tires (P245/45VR).
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM).
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control System (TCS) and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS).
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) with Brake Assist.
- Impact-absorbing front seats.
- Advanced front airbags, front and rear side airbags, side curtain airbags, and driver’s knee airbag.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
- SACHS ASD suspension.
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL).
- Automatic headlight control with delay off feature.
- Front fog lights.
- Integrated dual exhaust.
- Chrome insert body side moldings and exterior door handles.
- Heated side mirrors with turn signal indicators.
- Solar control windshield and glass.
- Proximity entry with push-button start.
- Leather seating with heated front and rear seats.
- Power driver seat and front passenger seat.
- Manual tilt and telescopic steering column.
- Leather steering wheel and shift knob.
- AM/FM/HD Radio/XM/CD/MP3 audio with iPod®/USB and auxiliary input jacks.
- Dimension premium speakers with subwoofer and external amplifier.
- Navigation system with touchscreen display.
- Rearview backup camera.
- Blue Link Telematics.
- Dual Automatic Temperature Control.
- Floor console-mounted rear vents.
- Cruise control.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone system with phonebook transfer.
- Electrochromic mirror with compass and HomeLink.
- Power windows with front auto up/down.
- Interior door panels with bottle holders in all four doors.
Technology Package ($4,000 MSRP):
- 19-inch alloy wheels and tires(P245/40VR).
- Panoramic Sunroof.
- HID Xenon headlights.
- Power rear sunshade.
- Manual side window sunshades.
- Infinity premium speakers with subwoofer and external amplifier.
- Power adjustable tilt and telescopic steering column.
- Integrated Memory System (IMS): Power driver’s seat, exterior mirrors, and steering column.
- Driver’s seat cushion extension.
- Ventilated front seats.
- Rear parking assistance sensors.
- Interior ambient lighting.