Hyundai Launched Aslan FWD Luxury Sedan in South Korea

by Nov 6, 2014All News, Hyundai1 comment

Hyundai Motor has launched its all-new mid-sized luxury sedan Aslan to fit between Grandeur and Genesis company’s sedans line-up. The Aslan will be competing with front-wheel drive high-end sedans suchs as Audi A6 and Lexus ES350.

A Hyundai Motor official said, “We set the monthly sales target for the Aslan at 2,000 units, aimed at selling more than 4,000 units within this year. We will continue the sales pace toward next year when we aim to sell more than 22,000 units.”

The annual sales target of 22,000 units is higher than that of Kia Motors’ K7 and similar to that of Genesis. The Aslan made a good start, with its pre-order sales, which begun from October 6, reaching about 2,200 units in just three weeks.

The power comes with a pair of  V6 GDi engines with the 3.0 and 3.3-liter delivering 270 and 294 hp respectively and with a 6-speed AT with paddle shifters. According to Hyundai, the 3.3 V6 model accounted for more than 60 percent of the pre-order sales, while the 3.0-liter model took up for the remaining 40 percent.

Hyundai Motor said that the Aslan is more competitive than rear-wheel (or four-wheel) drive import cars in terms of indoor space and more competitive than front-wheel drive import cars in terms of prices (from 39,9 million won – around $37k).

Hyundai also explains that the Aslan comes with double glasses on the windshield and the side windows to reduce outside noise. The interior gets some inspiration from the latest generation Genesis sedan.This is the first Hyundai model with an active hood.

Written by Jose Antonio López

Passionated about Korean cars from Hyundai, Kia & Genesis. Photographer. I love being in nature, hiking. Tech lover.

1 Comment

  1. Mobis21

    Except for the grill this is what the 2015 Sonata should have been.

    Reply

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Bitacoras.com - Información Bitacoras.com Valora en Bitacoras.com: Hyundai Motor has launched its all-new mid-sized luxury sedan Aslan to fit between Grandeur and Genesis company’s…

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest