Hyundai today announced the third powertrain available in the 2015 Sonata. The 2015 Sonata Eco is expected to deliver a class-leading 32 mpg combined fuel economy rating, will start at $23,275, excluding $810 freight charge, and go into production at the Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama plant later this summer.
[ads id=”0″ style=”float:left;padding:9px;”]“Sonata Eco enhances the sophisticated design and confidence-inspiring driving dynamics of the 2015 Sonata with even more impressive fuel economy,” said John Shon, manager, product planning. “This innovative powertrain improves fuel efficiency without sacrificing the driving experience.”
The 2015 Sonata Eco is powered by a 1.6-liter turbocharged T-GDi Gamma four-cylinder engine producing an estimated 177 horsepower and 195 lb. ft. of torque. Sonata Eco is the first Hyundai product to utilize a new seven-speed dual-clutch transmission DCT, which no other mid-size sedan offers. This innovative powertrain helps Sonata Eco deliver an estimated 28 mpg city and 38 mpg highway. The estimated 32 mpg combined rating is segment-leading for a non-hybrid mid-size sedan and more than a 10 percent improvement over a 2015 Sonata SE powered by the 2.4-liter Theta II engine.
2015 Sonata Eco comes standard with all the features of Sonata SE plus a chrome grille, side mirror-mounted turn signal indicators, automatic headlights, a 10-way power driver seat with lumbar support, stitching on the instrument cluster hood, chrome interior door handles, 5-inch color touchscreen audio, a rearview backup camera and Blue Link telematics system.
The only available option is the $4,100 Technology Package that includes:
- Blind Spot Detection System (BSD) with Rear-cross Traffic Alert and Lane Change Assist.
- Chrome exterior door handles with welcome light.
- Hands-free Smart Trunk Auto Open.
- Proximity key entry with push-button start.
- Leather seating surfaces.
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
- Heated front seats.
- Dual automatic temperature control.
- 4.2-inch color LCD Multi-Info Display.
- 8-inch navigation system featuring voice command technology, HD Radio Technology, improved touch sensitivity, navigation and map split display, navigation with junction view lane guidance, Apple Eyes Free Siri integration, Wi-Fi client for downloading apps.
- Dimension premium audio.
- SiriusXM Travel Link, which provides access to traffic information, sports scores, weather, stock prices, fuel prices and local movie times, with 3-month complimentary subscription.
- Auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink and compass.
- Auto up/down front passenger window.