South Korea: Hyundai Aslan to be Launched on October 30

by Oct 29, 2014All News, Hyundai0 comments

Hyundai Motor will launch on October 30 its mid-sized luxury sedan Aslan and also wants to sell more than 2,000 units per month. The Aslan will be competing with front-wheel drive high-end sedans suchs as Audi A6 and Lexus ES350.

A Hyundai Motor official said, “We set the monthly sales target for the Aslan at 2,000 units, aimed at selling more than 4,000 units within this year. We will continue the sales pace toward next year when we aim to sell more than 22,000 units.”

The annual sales target of 22,000 units is higher than that of Kia Motors’ K7 and similar to that of Genesis. The Aslan made a good start, with its pre-order sales, which begun from October 6, reaching about 2,200 units in just three weeks.

The 3.3-liter V6 GDi model accounted for more than 60 percent of the pre-order sales, while the 3.0-liter model took up for the remaining 40 percent.

Hyundai Motor said that the Aslan is more competitive than rear-wheel (or four-wheel) drive import cars in terms of indoor space and more competitive than front-wheel drive import cars in terms of prices.

Written by Jose Antonio López

Passionated about Korean cars from Hyundai, Kia & Genesis. Photographer. I love being in nature, hiking. Tech lover.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Bitacoras.com - Información Bitacoras.com Valora en Bitacoras.com: Hyundai Motor will launch on October 30 its mid-sized luxury sedan Aslan and also wants…

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest