Hyundai Kia Motors are gearing up to roll out a variety of new models throughout the world in the second half of this year, aimed at recovering their sluggish growth in the first half.
According to industry sources on July 27, the number of new models which Hyundai Motor and Kia Motors will release within the second half of this year is estimated at 11, the largest scale new model launches in their history, while in some cases, will be the first time for the brands in these segments.
Genesis diesel spotted in a parking lot
Here its the list:
- New generation Equus (Global)
- New generation Elantra (Global)
- New AE hybrid or Prius fighter (based on the Elantra) (Global)
- Genesis Diesel (South Korea, Europe?)
- New generation Accent (Global)
- New Creta (BRIC markets)
- New generation Sportage (Global)
- New generation K5 (South Korea)
- New K5 Hybrid and Plug-In Hybrid models (South Korea)
- New generation Optima (US and Europe)
- New Hybrid B-SUV (codenamed as DE) (Global)
Kia Niro Hybrid B-SUV (codenamed as DE) spotted around Nürburgring
In contrast to this move, Hyundai Motor launched only one new model “New Tucson” in the first half of this year, while Kia Motors released no new model during the period.