Many times would be impossible to get some information, pictures or videos that thanks to korean blog sites or forums we wouldn’t be able to obtain it. Today and thanks to Ubinine we can got some real-life pictures of the All-New Kia Sorento, until we have the chance to put our hands on it.
The front of the new Sorento incorporates long, wrap-around headlamps and more prominent fog-lamps, as well as a larger, more upright ‘tiger-nose’ grille, with a distinctive three-dimensional diamond pattern, first featured on the 2013 Kia Cross GT concept.
The exterior styling of the new car was led by Kia’s Namyang design studio in Korea, with significant input from the brand’s Frankfurt, Germany and Irvine, California design studios.
Inside the new Sorento is where some of the most significant improvements are to be found. Interior styling was led by the brand’s European design team, based in Frankfurt, and Kia’s designers have created a more sophisticated, more luxurious cabin, featuring significantly higher quality materials.
Five engines are available with the new Sorento, depending on country, offering power outputs ranging from 172 to 270 ps. These include a 2.4-liter gasoline direct injection (GDI) unit, 2.4-liter and 3.3-liter multi-point injection (MPI) engines, and revised 2.0-liter and 2.2-liter ‘R-Engine’ turbo-diesel units.
Buyers of the new Sorento will be able to choose from a wealth of ‘active’ safety technologies – depending on market. Available systems will include:
- ASCC (Adaptive Smart Cruise Control).
- LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System), which emits an audible alert when the driver strays from the chosen lane without using indicators.
- FCW (Front Collision Warning).
- BSD (Blind-Spot Detection).
- LCA (Lane Change Assist).
- RCTA (Rear Cross-Traffic Alert), which warns against other cars driving behind the Sorento in car parks
- SLIF (Speed Limit Information Function), which displays the speed limit in the driver’s instrument cluster based on cameras detecting roadside signs.
So, until we have the opportunity to test drive it after the Paris Motor Show debut in October, enjoy the photo gallery below!